0
0,00 EUR
Zum Warenkorb

New University (Neue Universitaet)

The New University building, constructed by Carl Grube in 1931-34, is a soberly utilitarian structure. Its construction was made possible by the then American ambassador, Jacob Gould Schurman, who organized a campaign in the United States to collect donations for this purpose.

The only artful decoration it offers is a sculpture of Pallas Athene above the main entrance, with a caption penned by the scholar Friedrich Gundolf: "To the living spirit". The courtyard of the New University holds the Hexenturm (Witches' Tower), the only surviving and once strongest part of the town's medieval fortifications.

www.uni-heidelberg.de

On the map...

loading
0 Holiday planner
Service phone

Any questions?

+49 6221 58 44 444

 

info(at)heidelberg-marketing.de

On the map...

On the map...