Heidelberg Castle Illumination
Reservable 1st weekend in June and September and 2nd weekend in July
In remembrance of the destruction of the castle by the French, red lights flicker prettily yet eerily up the walls of the ruin three times each summer (June 1, July 13, and September 7, 2013). The illumination of the beautiful façade of the castle is accompanied by a festive fireworks display that bathes the entire Old Town in an impressive glow. The spectacle is particularly fantastic viewed from the water. After a trip into the Neckar valley (approx. 1½ hours), the boats drop anchor in front of the Old Bridge, giving a wonderful view of the fireworks.
- 1, 2 or 3 nights with breakfast in a single or double room in your choice of Standard, Comfort or First Class hotel
- HeidelbergCARD for the duration of your stay
- Fireworks boat trip with the Weissen Flotte
- 2-course meal on the boat
- Participation in a walking tour of the Old Town
Price per person including the services mentioned above:
First Class Weekend Double*
First Class Weekend Single*
* The First Class Weekend double or single room offer is valid for weekend reservations (earliest arrival date Friday and last possible check-out Monday morning, bank holidays qualify as a weekend). Also valid every day in August.
Information and Booking:
Heidelberg Marketing GmbH
Phone +49 6221 58 402 24/ -26